Mainly because the shitty way people act anymore.
1. Everyone's too highly offended by EVERYTHING...takin' everything so far out of context it's almost laughable and more pathetic. I don't feel like havin' some Tumblr jackass give me grief about anything I do. (I write morbid horror, deal with it or get out, one of the other. I'm not changin' shit to pander to any damn snowflake. Go cry to someone who gives a shit.)
2. I write horror...as in actual horror, something that's been lost over the years and people barely know of it today. I don't want any of my horror stories to ever be grouped with that stupid "creepypasta" bullshit. I don't write shit for teenagers to obsess over and make the monsters into shitty anime love interests. (Y'all are sick in the head...)
3. No one gives a shit about original content...and I'm not gonna just write fan fiction or draw fanart to pander to a bunch of idiots who don't know there's a world outside of fandoms that's actually quite awesome. Not that fan fiction and fanart are a bad thing but I'm sick of seeing people having to force themselves to do only that just to get any attention on this (or any) damn site. It's just sad. Think outside the box and do something out of your own head...trust me, it's more fun than you think.
4. If you've not learned by now there's never a four, then I don't know what to think of you. I've kept this gag for years and always will. Nuff said.
5. I've already had a few pervs say a few things to me about my anthro characters and that's the last thing I need is nasty minded furries thinkin' my characters are fodder for their damn fantasies. Done with that shit. All my stuff (that's not horror, which is sometimes gore filled) is clean material and it will always remain that way.
I'll still hang around this damn site (I've been here too long to leave) just to talk to the few artists who give a damn to speak to me but that's about it.
Internet's become too damn toxic for a lot of artists, especially those of us who have low confidence in their work already. I don't need some shit ball makin' me feel worse than I already do about my work.
That's the end of it, gallery's closed. My work will only be shared between the few (and by few, I mean those I can count on one hand and still have a finger or two left) true friends I have that I trust will actually help me improve instead of beat me down like many of the shitheads on this site will do.
Anyways, that's all I wanted to say. I might post a journal now and again talkin' about whatever the hell but that's about all that will happen here.
If anyone's actually interested in anything I'm doing, I gotta Twitter you can check out or my Tumblr, where I just reblog shit that interests me (inspiration, fandom stuff, etc...etc...).
Alright, that's the end of it.